Steps to follow to make an impressive portfolio
The purpose of integrating strong words into the text is on the basis of natural human nature which is greediness, laziness, and cheapness. When you are developing the text for CTA button think of your users and target audiences and their probable nature. For each of these natures, the words should be like followings-
(1) Determine the audience for your portfolio: Suit your portfolio according to your purpose. It is important to make sure its impact is perfect. If you are creating a portfolio for a job, narrow down the content to the kind of writing that you need for the position. Write only that is relevant, and skip the rest.
(2) Indexing the portfolio: An index is important at the beginning of you portfolio. It should contain a list of all items and the page number of its location. Arrange the items chronologically. Include a page number on all pages of the portfolio to make it easy for the reader to skip the unnecessary pages or move to the ones that is of interest to him.
(3) Begin and end with key words: It is always a wise move to begin your content with a very strong word that instantaneously grabs the reader’s attention and makes him go through it. Ending the content with another strong key word would get your reader asking for more from you.
(4) Choose what to include: Don’t just include everything in your portfolio. Like if you are applying for a marketing job, it is unnecessary to add your sales skills or any other technical skills that are not in line with the post that you are applying for.
(5) Provide context to your work: When you illustrate your work samples in your portfolio, make sure you add a note to clarify how and why this work was done. Without a proper context, it becomes difficult for anyone to judge you on your working capabilities. Write briefly how the task was planned, coordinated and laid out properly for the reader’s understanding.
(6) Try an alternative: Don’t follow the mainstream methods of a portfolio. Try to introduce something new, something that is unique and out of the box. An employer always looks for something innovative, be that how you handle a task, or how you explain it.
(7.) Make it simple to navigate: People’s attention don’t last very long, so your portfolio needs to be simple and easy to go through. As easy as it may seem, you need to keep the simple, informative, up to the point, convenient and top notch in delivering what the reader is looking for. Try adding a tagline or a brief summary of who you are and how you work. Include proper contact details like your email address, phone number, LinkedIn profile, Facebook profile, and make sure you mention which way of communication you prefer most.
(8) Make sure your contents connect to one another: When you put up information in your portfolio, make sure you set them in a way that the pieces flow nicely from one to the next. Add illustrations, eye catching designs to allure your employer to yearn for more information.
(9) Opinion matters: You have set all your pieces and ready to put it in your portfolio. You have checked back a dozen times but couldn’t find anything else to improvise on. Now let someone go through your portfolio, a friend, or maybe a colleague who would share their honest opinions. Check for spelling and grammatical errors throughout your content, because nothing kills your credibility faster than a portfolio full of spelling or grammatical errors.
(10) Review often, and or delete: Try to review and change your portfolio every once in a while, or at least once in every 6 months. Add new employments, remove old ones, and write about the new challenges that you faced, new trainings that you attended. Before you post your portfolio, make sure it is posted with the relevant information and at the relevant webpage.
Your portfolio isn’t your scrapbook from school where you jot down everything that defines you, but it is a platform where you define yourself as a professional, and a mean for an employer to choose you for his task. So it is very important that you sit, think, plan and organize all the information that you wish to put up in your portfolio, because it is after all a tool that will eventually earn you money, or be the means to it.